Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tramping

http://oswaldbastable.blogspot.com/2011/06/gone-bush.html

Just saw a picture of what I suspect is Lake Daniels  -  A place I first went to when I was about 6 or 7. I remember my father helping me when I was stuck in the swampy area about 30 minutes walk from the hut. Since then I have been in many times with my Dad (one heart attack and one broken wrist for him - the broken wrist caused him to pass out and I thought have another heart attack!). Following that I took childhood friends in with him and even my (now) wife. When Dad got too old to walk in, which was in his late 60's, we had one last hurrah by going in by chopper - for that trip the fish cost about $450 per kilo! It is a truly wonderful place and having seen that pic I now plan on taking my kids this December.

I only hope my kids have the same memories of the place that I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment