Thursday, February 10, 2011

Air National

85744http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/public-trust-highest-risk-airline-misplaced-ja-p-85744 - Behind the paywall sorry

Ye gods I don't like the sound of this. I fly with these guys fairly often as they are an Air New Zealand contractor (if that is the right term) from Blenheim to Christchurch. The planes I have been on are Jetstream 32's which have always had an awful and strong "unwashed hair" smell about them. I always dread the Friday afternoon trip and have a shower once I get home. I am not being overly sensitive either as rugby broke my nose 4 times and I can't smell too well as a result.

It could well be that the CAA are being unfair (I doubt it though) but for me safety in flight is sacrosanct and even the perception that an airline is unsafe is enough to make me want to avoid them. The problem is that with Air New Zealand being the only airline flying Blenheim to Christchurch I don't have any choice.

I don't want to see anyone out of a job but this must be the end for Air National - surely after this Air New Zealand will have to drop them from flying for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment